Open topic with navigation
Before users can work with Helix ALM items in JIRA issues, the administrator must configure the Helix ALM for JIRA add-on.
Keep the following in mind:
1. In JIRA, click and choose Add-ons.
The Add-ons page opens.
2. Click Manage add-ons.
The Manage add-ons page opens.
3. Expand the Helix ALM for JIRA options in the User-installed add-ons area.
4. Click Configure.
The Helix ALM Configuration page opens.
5. Enter the Helix ALM Web URL. This is the URL that opens Helix ALM Web. The URL must start with https://.
6. Select the Server name if the Helix ALM Web CGI is configured to connect to more than one server.
The list of available servers configured for the CGI is available. Most web installations only have one available server. Click to refresh the list if you change the URL.
7. Enter the JIRA integration key or click Get Key to generate one. The key provides security between JIRA and the Helix ALM Server.
If you are generating a new key, the JIRA Integration Key page opens in Helix ALM Web. You may need to log in. Click Copy, go back to JIRA, and paste the key in the field. If you need to access the key or regenerate it at any point, you can work with it in the Helix ALM Server Admin Utility. See the server admin utility help for information about integration options.
Tip: For additional security, you may want to configure how often to expire Helix ALM logins and authorization to JIRA. See the registry utility help for information about security options.
8. Click Test to test the connection to Helix ALM.
Errors are displayed if the test fails. Correct any errors and test the connection again.
9. Select the Helix ALM projects to integrate with JIRA. Only the selected projects are available in JIRA.
Ctrl+click the projects to include or select All to include all projects. You must select at least one project. Click to refresh the list. If you are not logged in to Helix ALM, click Log In to log in first and then select the projects.
10. Select the JIRA projects to integrate. Helix ALM information is only available in the selected projects. You must select at least one project.
11. Click Save to save the changes.
The add-on is configured and ready to use. See Working with Helix ALM items in JIRA.